When you leave your things with a self storage facility you want to be sure that your things are safe and away from any number of different things that might cause harm to your things. While there will never be any kind of guarantee in life and there will always be surprises that can do unexpected damage, there are at least a few things that you might be able to do while choosing a self storage facility and packing up and moving your things that might be able to help avoid any sort of problems in the future. Doing things right the first time around will not only save you a lot of money but also an amazing amount of effort and stress.
- Make sure that the self-storage facility that you find has some sort of security system or a guard on the premises. Most of the time self storage facilities will have a few steps in place to make sure that no one who is not a customer at the storage facility can’t get into the place but you need to make sure that when you are leaving your things with a self storage facility that they at least have some methods of security so that you do not have to worry about someone getting into your self storage unit.
- When looking for which self-storage facility to use, pay attention to how dirty each of the facilities are. Being a storage facility, they are probably never going to be spotless clean but at least note and check out if you see things like a bunch of vermin or something. If you see any signs of rats it is likely that they have found a way into some of the storage units and are there nibbling up whatever they can find which is of course going to do a lot of damage to everything in the storage unit.
- Be smart about your packing. When you are packing up and putting everything in boxes it can be a lot to organize but try to be as smart and organized about the whole thing as possible. One suggestion that I have it to use at least a few plastic containers. I know that they are unreasonably expensive for what they are but even have just the bottom row of boxes being the plastic crates instead of cardboard can make a huge difference. Plastic will keep any pests or vermin out of your things and if there is ever any sort of water intake like a flood or a broken pipe in the facility, having the bottom row of boxes all being heavy duty plastic boxes will very likely save a lot of your things from being damaged by the water. Since there is usually also a lot of weight stacked up on the bottom row of boxes in your storage unit, having sturdy, plastic boxes will minimize the risks of damage due to pressure and weight on the things in the bottom boxes.
Cleaning rugs and carpets effectively are important to keep them long lasting. Using clean carpets and rugs are also healthier for your household. Make sure you are giving them a thorough clean using these 10 tips.
- For rugs and carpets that are used every day, some lose fibers and a bit of dust is normal. However, if the rug or carpet gets too dirty, it needs proper carpet cleaning. One way to assess if your rug needs to be cleaned is by holding up a corner of a rug and giving it a kick. If you see that a pile of dirt and dust flies out, it means that it might be time for regular cleaning.
- When you do your rug cleaning yourself, make sure to do it on a clean floor. Make use of your utility room, garage or driveway where you can lay the rug on a clean surface. It is ideal to do your cleaning outside on a sunny day.
- Keep your rugs and carpet dry all the time. Moist is a breeding ground for bacteria and other allergens. After cleaning, make sure it is completely dried before bringing it inside. This helps you make sure that your family is safe from molds or mildew that can develop on moist rugs and carpet.
- When vacuuming your rugs and carpet, make sure to do it on both sides. Divide the surface in segments to ensure proper coverage. Vacuum regularly, to keep your carpet and rug clean. This also prevents dirt from sticking to the surface.
- Shampoo carpets using cool water and mild carpet cleaner. Using harsh detergents or ammonia water can damage the carpets color and structure. There are environmentally friendly cleaning agents available in the market. These cleaners are generally gentle to the carpet’s color and fibers.
- Before using new carpet cleaners, make sure to do a test for color run first. Do this on a small, less obvious area. This will ensure that if you are using a cleaner that are harsh to the type of carpet you have, it will not make a large, irreversible damage to it.
- For rugs and carpets, use the same cleaner on its fringes. Use a laundry brush to make sure the fringes do not get tangled. Brush repeatedly away from the pile.
- When pets are present in the house, urine can be one of the worst accidents. Urine can chemically damage the surface. Clean urine immediately as it happens. Use paper towels to blot as much liquid from the surface as possible. Try to rinse out as much of the spill as possible right away.
- Adding 1 cup of vinegar per gallon of water used in rinsing can help neutralize odor, even that as severe as pet urine. It can also help preserve the rug or carpet’s color.
- Rugs and carpets are still best cleaned by professional. It is advisable to regularly clean them yourself but make sure to set a schedule to take them to a professional cleaner such as All-Brite Chem Dry to get a thorough and color safe cleaning.
Holland Hurst has been providing asphalt paving and grading services in the Evergreen, Colorado area for nearly twenty five years. This locally owned and operated business started out with two guys, a truck, and a truck, and a tractor, and has grown over time to pave more than one thousand structures in the state of Colorado. Their professional and experienced team has paved playgrounds, parking lots, residential driveways, and fire stations all throughout the state of Colorado. When paving a structure with asphalt the first step is to grade the area in preparation for laying the asphalt. Many asphalt paving companies require that you hire a separate contractor for grading before paving can occur. With Holland Hurst you can receive both of these services through one contractor. Holland Hurst can complete your asphalt paving needs from start to finish, without having to hire out a separate contractor. Their team is reliable and respected throughout the state and is ready to provide you with all of your paving and grading needs, whether they be residential or commercial.
There are many reasons why asphalt is a better option for paving when compared to concrete or other construction materials. Asphalt is made from aggregate material such as small rocks, silica, and asphalt cement that are combined with bitumen to create a smooth and durable paved surface. Bitumen is the material that allows asphalt to be flexible and adaptable. Maybe you can remember as a child playing on a playground that was paved with asphalt; bitumen is what causes asphalt to become softer under pressure from the sun and heat. Unlike concrete, asphalt can flex and adapt to extreme weather conditions without cracking or breaking. Its flexibility is also what allows asphalt to adjust to the abuse of heavy traffic. This means that not only is asphalt more durable than concrete, but it is also much lower maintenance.
In addition to being flexible, durable, and adaptable, asphalt is also environmentally friendly. Believe it or not, asphalt is the most recycled material in the world, even more so than aluminum. With most asphalt paving, up to twenty percent of the material is recycles asphalt from a different project. In fact, using solely non recycled asphalt, or “virgin asphalt” is not recommended unless it is being used for the bottom layer of multiple lays of asphalt. Because most asphalt contains recycled material it can be much less expensive than concrete or “virgin asphalt”. Additionally, asphalt does not need to be sealed after installation. There are some companies that recommend sealing immediately after installation, but this is just a ploy to get you to spend more money. In reality it is not good to seal your asphalt immediately after installation. Sealing should only be necessary after multiple years of wear and tear on the surface in order to improve the look of the asphalt and make it look as close to brand new as possible. If you are considering having your driveway or commercial space paved with asphalt, call Holland Hurst today for an estimate!
What we know about metal is that it is everywhere and that is not an under statement. Yet what are the things that we don’t know about metal? Perhaps you have wondered how exactly it gets into the shape that it does. Certainly you don’t find pieces of metal already in the shape of computers and lamps but have you ever really considered what the process of shaping, bending and cutting metal looks like. This process is called metal fabrication and it can be a tricky business. You want to make sure that whoever is working on this has a great education and background in this kind of work because it can be dangerous and yet is so incredibly necessary. As stated earlier, metal is everywhere!
One company that screams excellence in the field of metal fabrication is Quick Draw and Machining, Inc. They are a veteran owned business that for years have been doing metal work. There is no part that is too big or too small for them. They are work on this from motorcycle parts to aerospace parts. Using procedures such as hydroforming to deep drawing they can product just about anything that you might need. If you have any questions about their services or what they can offer you then visit their website Quick Draw and Machining, Inc and they will be pleased to talk with you about their services in more detail.
In 1953 Quick Draw and Machining, Inc became an established business that primarily focused on electronic aerospace components and parts. Over the years they have been able to develop and work with more complex metals and parts as technology and their own business has grown. In 1981 Quick Draw and Machining became incorporated which gives them the freedom and control to be the best at what they do while maintaining their family run business status. And finally in 2008 they were able to expand the workshop of their business to be 3,000 square feet more than it was before. That is a huge difference and has made all the difference in terms of their business and what they can do and produce. This helps them to be able to accommodate the every growing business of which they are a part. Some of what they manage is quite complex and they want to be able to offer whatever is needed to the public.
In the years since 1953 they have been able to open up their company in terms of the industries that they serve. They started out in aerospace and they continue to do that work. As well know they serve the medical, scientific and military fields. As you can imagine the work they do is on a great scale and that which they are able to provide is paramount. With years and years of combined experience working with metals they are able to offer whatever industry it is exactly what they are looking for. Give Quick Draw and Machining, Inc a call today and ask them about their prototype services as well as seeing what all they can do for you.
Sometimes being the head of the local parks and recreation committee means having to make hard decisions. These decisions can be even more difficult when you share a love of people and a love for the environment. This was especially poignant last year when we had to decide what to do with undeveloped land on the outskirts of town. For years we had many suitors file for building permits with the promise of erecting a gas station, grocery store, parking lot etc. Each time the land developers would fall through the plot of land would become more overrun with weeds and wild growth. It finally gained enough attention to where ordinary citizens had become disgusted at the sight of it and demanded that something be done about the lot. We tried desperately to pitch to other builders but after it became clear that wasn’t going to happen we made a plan B.
Plan B included calling a tree removal service to help clear the land of the three huge trees that occupied it. No one on the committee had any experience or equipment dealing with such things so it only seemed right to contact a tree service company that not only had years of experience but one that also was known for affordable tree service. As you can imagine, the budget for a small town parks and recreation outfit does not get much money to spend each year.
We ended up calling JBS Tree Care because they were used on a parks and recreation project last year and we really enjoyed the level of engagement and customer satisfaction they showed. The head of the team, a guy named Jesse, was especially great to work with. He had great skills of communication and kept us in the loop about everything that went on in the yard. He even went so far as to use his video phone to provide us with real-time information about how the project was going. At one point he was having a difficult time removing the tree stump of one particularly large oak tree. The tree must have been about fifty feet tall but I had no idea the roots of that tree went so far out to the sides. When Jesse showed us the area of where he and his crew had to dig in order to remove the root system it was quite impressive.
It was a systematic approach towards tree removal but in a matter of two weeks the entire lot was cleared of big trees, shrubs, weed growth and any debris as a result of such an overhaul. The guy from the tree trimming company spent hours cleaning up all the fallen branches, twigs, leaves and dirt they had caused, which was a very nice touch. They were determined to help out their local community not only by helping to remove these trees but to help clean up after the project as well. Today there is a beautiful park with rolling hills and a playground in that once abandoned lot.
Ever have that moment when you really want a doughnut but it is far too late in the evening to even contemplate going out for one? Maybe you are at an event and need some doughnuts to feed everyone for breakfast. Regardless, unless you happen to have the ability to go to get those doughnuts after all, you could be out of luck. Luckily for you, if you live in the greater Denver area, your donut delivery is not far away. Donut Maker in Greenwood Village is ready to offer you lots of doughnut delivery options when you decide to work with them for your doughnut needs. That is perhaps the best part about this great doughnut making shop; they are ready to help you with whatever your doughnut needs might be! Donut Maker has been in business here in Denver since 1988, open every day from 5am until 11am to make sure that you have all the doughnuts your heart desires for breakfast every morning. Donut Maker is not just any old doughnut shop. In fact, they are one of the best in the area, voted Westword’s Best Doughnuts this year! With this kind of an accolade on their record, it is easy to see why they are so popular. As a locally owned and operated restaurant, Donut Maker is a kind of its own. They function as a fusion between the old world style doughnut shops, with deliciously simple old fashioned doughnuts, and yet they also offer today’s creme de la creme of doughnuts: the maple bacon doughnut, popularized by Voodoo Doughnuts. With so many options available to its customers, it is no wonder why Donut Maker was voted the best doughnuts in Denver!
But where did doughnuts come from anyway? Such a decadent and deliciously sweet treat could only have been dropped from heaven. As it were, the possible origins of doughnuts in the United States can probably be linked back to the early Dutch settlers. In the 19th century, doughnuts were even referred to as a type of “oliekoek”, or “oil cake” in Dutch. While this is one theory of the origin of the doughnut, Hanson Gregory- an American- claims to have invented the ring-shaped doughnut as we know it in 1847. Gregory was allegedly aboard a lime trading ship at the age of 16. Frustrated by the raw center of regular doughnuts, disillusioned by the various shapes that doughnuts were twisted into, and disgusted by the greasiness of the doughnuts, he punched a hole in the center of a doughnut, hence creating the shape we know today.
Regardless of the doughnut’s origins, it could not be clearer that donuts have stood the test of time as a treat we know and love. Whether Gregory created the doughnut, or it originated in an 1803 English volume stating the doughnut- with a recipe much like our modern doughnut- was a “thoroughly American food.” We shall take our cultural heritage with us and continue to enjoy donuts of all kinds, especially Donut Maker doughnuts here in Denver.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!